LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA NUMBER 32 YEAR 2002
BY THE GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
In this Act referred to as:
1. Broadcast is a message or series of messages in the form of sound, images, or sounds and
images or graphic form, the characters, whether they are interactive or not, which can be
received via the broadcast receiving device.
2. Broadcasting is pemancarluasan activity through means of transmitting broadcast and / or
transmission facilities on land, at sea or in space by using the radio frequency spectrum through
the air, cable, and / or other media to be accepted at once and simultaneously by the
community with a broadcasting receiving device.
3. Broadcast radio is heard mass communication media, which distribute ideas and information
in the form of sound in general and open, in the form of program that regular and continuous.
4. Broadcast television is a mass communication media to hear of view, which distribute ideas
and information in the form of sound and image in general, either open or closed, in the form
of program that regular and continuous.
5. Broadcast advertising is broadcast information that is commercial and public service
announcements about the availability of services, goods, and ideas that can be used by
audiences with or without compensation to broadcasters in question.
6. Broadcast commercial advertisements are broadcast commercial advertisements are
broadcast over radio or television broadcasting with the aim of introducing, socialize, and / or
promoting goods or services to target audiences to influence consumers to use products that
7. Broadcast public service ads were broadcast non-commercial advertisements are broadcast
over radio or television broadcasting with the aim of introducing, socialize, and / or promote
ideas, ideals, suggestions, and / or other messages to the public to influence the audience to do
and / or behave in accordance with the message the ad.
8. Radio frequency spectrum is the electromagnetic waves used for broadcasting and
propagating in air and space without artificial means of Conductor, is a public domain and
limited natural resources.
9. Broadcasters are broadcasting, both public broadcasters, private broadcasters, community
broadcasters and subscription broadcasters in carrying out duties, functions and responsibilities
based on legislation and regulations.
10. National broadcasting system is the order of the national broadcasting organization under